BPS Sports Club named after Bernardo Peres de Silva, the first Goan to be Governor during the Portuguese, rule was founded in 1940. Presently the club on its spacious area has a club house, a restaurant, halls, children’s park and an exhibition ground apart from facilities for sports like tennis, badminton, table tennis and carrom.
The club has been in the forefront in promoting sports in Goa over the years and has been organizing annually all Goa tournaments in Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Carrom, Dart, Chess and Scrabble. Coaching classes in various sports are also organised regularly.
Recently the club built an all-weather proof pandal that covers 1850 sq mts of the open ground which will cater to exhibitions, fairs, etc. The gym is now upgraded with the latest fitness equipment. The club premise is fitted with CCTV for 24X7 monitoring and is now has a WIFI zone.
With active cooperation from the members, the club's managing committee have submitted plans to build a three storied building that will consists of 14 rooms, cafeteria, gymnasium and a health club.
read more →